- I have lived in three countries. (The USA, Holland, Germany)
- I have lived in six of the United States. (Minnesota, South Dakota, New York, Illinois, Ohio, Missouri)
- I have lived in twenty residences in sixteen cities. (Minneapolis, Brookings, Altamont, Guilderland, Amsterdam, Niederndorf, Holzen, Richfield, Wheaton, Eagan, Burnsville, Plymouth, Lebanon, Xenia, Kansas City, Rochester)
- By the time I graduated from high school, I'd attended ten schools.
- One of those schools was homeschool in Amsterdam, so maybe that doesn't count.
- One of those schools was a German school and I didn't know German, so maybe that should count double or triple.
- The German school made me go back a grade, so although I graduated in high school 1990, I originally was in the class of 1989.
- I started kindergarten when I was four, with a late October birthday well after the cutoff, so I really should have started out in the class of 1990 in the first place.
- I was the editor of both my high school and college yearbooks and thoroughly enjoyed it. I did not seek the editor position in either high school or college, but was asked to consider it. Yearbook ended up being a refuge for me. That's probably good and bad.
- I learned to drive on a VW diesel van, stick shift, in Germany on the farmer's roads and on the Autobahn. Maybe that's why I have a lead foot and a need for speed.
- Despite my need to go fast, I got my first and only speeding ticket when I was thirty-four.
- I get red blotches on my neck and chest when I speak in front of a group of people. Maybe this is why I do not like public speaking. Or maybe it's because I have hyperventilated when speaking in front of people. Or maybe it's because I feel like I'm tripping over my words. In any case, I do not like public speaking.
- I like writing. Maybe I should write in front of people.
- I learned to downhill ski in the Swiss Alps.
- I have never water skiied.
- I downed a jar of pickled pigs feet so my team could win a video scavenger hunt when I was an adult leader at a high school church retreat. (We won.)
- I also downed the rest of the sleeve of saltines and 2L of Sprite that my team couldn't finish when I was a camp counselor one summer so that my team could win. (We won.)
- I am pretty competitive.
- I brought two of my three kids into the world without pain relief medication. Not because I didn't want it, necessarily, but because they came out so fast. One of my kids was delivered by the nurse because the doctor didn't get there in time.
- All three of my kids were delivered by different doctors in different hospitals in different cities.
- When I was born, the doctor gave me a score of 1 on the Apgar test. My mom didn't know she'd had a girl except that the doctor's were saying "she" and "her" to each other while working on me.
- I enjoy watching sports and will sometimes watch baseball games or SportsCenter even when JD's not around.
- I love reading. If I'm reading a really good novel, my family may not get fed or get clean underwear until the book is done because of my reading addiction.
- I am an introvert and need to have quiet time to rejeuvenate.
- If money were no option and I had to choose between having material possessions or traveling, I would choose travelling.
Jan 14, 2009
25 things about me (i was tagged)
Posted by Anne Bickle